Keep going to school in Canada. International students can rejoice since the KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is currently available. We’ll go into great detail about this fellowship, its benefits, and how to apply in this article.
For the KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2023–2024, international students may apply. The program offers a $50,000 annual stipend for a maximum of two years, along with other benefits including a $4,000 travel and research allowance.
Via the provisions of his wife Dorothy Johnston Killam’s will and through contributions made during her lifetime, the Izaak Walton Killam Scholarship was created in his honor. Their principal objective is to support the Canada Council for the Arts and five Canadian institutions in their efforts to offer opportunities for advanced study and research.
The UBC Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are given out each year by the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Studies and are accessible in the majority of academic subjects. Those chosen for fellowships, according to Mrs. Killam, should: “Be inclined to support the expansion of studies or attain distinction in the industry.
An overview of the Scholarships (awards)
- Postdoctoral level of studies
- Institution of higher learning: University of British Columbia
- Country of study: Canada
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Look over the following list of available courses.
Seattle campus, first
- University in Okanagan
- Runtime of the Program: 1-2 Years
Coverage & Protection for Scholarships
The KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship offers the following benefits to its recipient:
- a stipend of $50,000 each year for a maximum of two years.
- a two-year, $4,000 grant for travel and study.
Requirements for the KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Candidates for the KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship must meet the criteria outlined below:
All countries in the world are eligible; English is a must; they must not have attended a campus of the University of British Columbia for PhD-level study; and they must have completed their PhD requirements no more than 24 months prior to the fellowship’s anticipated start date.
What is the application procedure for the KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship?
Please follow these steps to apply for a KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship:
1. Obtain or make a copy of your original academic records.
2. Deliver them to your alma mater and ask that it
3. Verify that the copies correspond to their records and the originals.
4. Check the duplicates’ accuracy before adding the university’s official seal and stamping them.
5. Lay the sealed, stamped photocopies atop the certified envelopes with the Registrar’s signature.
6. Deliver the signed, sealed envelopes to the Killam Postdocs at the Faculty of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies, 6371 Crescent Road, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z2.
7. Send inquiries about the Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authentic Website of the scholarship
Visit find out more about the KILLAM Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, go to the official website:
Link to the official page is https://www.postdocs.ubc.ca/award/killam-postdoctoral-research-fellowship
Cannot currently hold a position as a tenure-track or continuing professor in a university or college. A temporary, term, or non-tenure track faculty appointment must be held at the time of application.
Apply for the scholarship here right away.
A Postdoctoral Research Fellowship’s Benefits
Expand your skill set and enhance your research goals before starting your professional work.
The main goal of a postdoctoral fellowship is to assist you in developing your academic and professional skills while continuing to work under the supervision of an established researcher. You’ll probably have more freedom in terms of the kind of funding you ask for and how your research is conducted.
Your postdoctoral education and experience may be essential for submitting successful applications for academic positions with tenure. A postdoctoral fellowship may also benefit government agencies, nonprofit research organizations, businesses with a research focus, healthcare facilities, or other scientific/research-driven institutions, however it is not always necessary.
What may a postdoctoral fellow expect from it?
- Develop your capacity to frame a scientific query and carry out independent investigation to validate your hypothesis.
- You can get the expertise required to manage your own lab by mentoring young scientists and lab staff.
- Look for and apply for your own funding to demonstrate that you can get money in the future.
- Develop your teaching skills to encourage the next generation of scientists.
What justifies a postdoctoral fellowship?
Your skill set will grow once you graduate from graduate school, and any technical knowledge gaps will be filled. It gives you time to refine your research goals, connects you with an expert in your field so you can conduct research, improves your technical and interpersonal skills, increases the number of publications you have, gives your resume or CV more experience, expands your industry network, and gives you the chance to change the focus of your research (or even switch disciplines entirely).
Originally posted 2022-12-26 04:48:55.