Canada should be the location of research. good news Application for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is currently open. We’ll go into great detail about this scholarship program, its benefits, and how to apply in this article.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program 2023 is a fully financed award for overseas students. For two years, the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are worth $70,000 to the grantee annually.
The top postdoctoral applicants from around the globe who will significantly improve the country’s social, economic, and scientific growth are supported by the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program.
Each year, 70 new two-year fellowships will be awarded to the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) (SSHRC).
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are designed to build world-class research capacity by luring top-tier Canadian and international postdoctoral researchers at a level of support that is internationally competitive.
The objective is to attract and retain top postdoctoral talent on a national and international level in order to enhance their leadership potential, position them for success as tomorrow’s research leaders, and positively contribute to Canada’s economic, social, and research-based growth through a research-intensive career.
To obtain additional grants and allowances in addition to university tuition costs, a monthly living allowance, and a return travel to the UK in economy, apply for the Chevening Scholarship as well.
An Overview Of The Scholarship
- Postdoctoral level of training
- Institution(s) that serve as hosts are known as (Canadian and foreign universities, affiliated research hospitals, colleges, and not-for-profit organizations with a strong research mandate and capacity.)
Opportunities to Pay Attention to:
- Health research
- Or Engineering, the natural sciences, or both
- Social sciences and/or humanities
- 70 fellowships are provided annually in the form of scholarships.
- Running Time: Two Years
Benefits and Areas of Scholarship Coverage
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program offers its recipients the following benefits:
- For two years, the candidate will get support, up to $70,000 annually.
- There are 70 fellowships awarded each year.
Qualifications For The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Candidates must fulfill the following conditions in order to be eligible for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program:
- A needed language is English.
- The world’s nations are all eligible.
- Candidates for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program for 2022-2023 must satisfy or have satisfied all prerequisites for a PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree between September 15, 2019 and September 30, 2023 before the start date of their fellowship (inclusive).
- Candidates who have not yet satisfied all requirements for their degree at the time of application must do so by October 15, 2023.
- For applicants with more than one of these degrees, the qualifying window solely pertains to the most recent PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree.
What is The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships application procedure?
Please adhere to the guidelines below to submit an application for this fellowship:
If you want to apply to a certain university, you should first see if it can accept a Banting Fellow. If you’re interested in being hosted at a Canadian institution, you may also view a list of Canadian academic institutions and their research specialties by clicking Here on the Universities Canada website.
Send a message to the chosen host organization or supervisor.
When submitting applications, complete cooperation with the potential host institution is necessary.
The institution’s president must approve applications (equivalent or designate).
The applicant is responsible for providing the necessary information for the referees and the institution they propose accepting the applicant’s application from to prepare their individual letters.
Early on in the application process, candidates and their host institution should discuss the following subjects:
Particulars of the fellowship, including appointment and any benefits granted to the Banting postdoctoral researcher
Any obligations relating to the appointment’s finances (union dues, insurance premiums, etc.)
the availability of any further resources or research
responsibilities and rights of postdoctoral researchers
Any other institutional guidelines that a Banting postdoctoral researcher would need to know
Open accounts on ResearchNet and the Canadian Common CV (CCV).
Make sure you have the following before registering, or click one of the links below:
ResearchNet account, a web-based application tool and grant opportunity/decision database, is used by the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program.
A CIHR PIN, a unique personal identification number, is required in order to apply for this program through this website.
The CCV account, a web-based program that enables you to produce CVs as necessary for all of the member organizations, allows you to preserve your CV data in a single repository.
The applicant must complete the following forms:
Pick a subject for your research.
Names of participants
Forms for fulfilling degree requirements
List the officials
Name the degree you hold.
Include the proposal’s information and any supporting files.
letter of recommendation for a university
More details can be found below.
Additionally, apply for a DAAD fellowship to get a monthly award of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
Originally posted 2023-01-03 15:21:54.