For the academic year 2023–2024, international students who wish to pursue a PhD at Canadian universities may apply for scholarships from the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation.
This scholarship has an annual value of up to $60,000 (including a $20,000 annual travel stipend) per Scholar for a maximum of three years. By offering a sizeable monthly allowance for research and travel and enabling the Scholars to directly engage with the various communities that can further their research, the prize fosters transdisciplinary study and creative fieldwork.
Each Scholar is paired with a prominent Trudeau Mentor who has been selected from among the top Canadian practitioners in all spheres of public life by the Foundation.
Through the available financial aid, the Scholarship offers the chance to network with an amazing group of thought leaders and dedicated individuals in every area of the social sciences and humanities, take part in Foundation-sponsored events, and host their own workshops.
The world’s most prestigious PhD fellowship programs have high academic requirements that applicants must meet in order to be considered. Future researchers must also exhibit the capacity for vigorous discussion with other academics and researchers as well as a desire to participate in public discourse.
The Executive Summary for the Scholarship
1. A PhD in education (Doctoral)
2. Canadian institution
3. Institution(s): Universities in Canada
- Sociological Sciences
- Running Time: Three years at most.
- Different dates based on the universities (Deadline to apply directly to the Foundation: December 02, 2022)
Safeguarding And Addressing Scholarships
The following advantages are provided to doctoral scholarship recipients by the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation:
- For a maximum of three years, each Scholar will earn an annual value of up to $60,000 (which includes a $20,000 travel allowance each year).
- Conditions for Scholarships from the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation
To be eligible for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships, applicants must meet each of the requirements listed below:
- English is a language that is essential.
- Every country in the world is eligible.
- You must be enrolled in a PhD program in the humanities or social sciences and be in your first, second, or third year of study (broadly defined)
- One of the four main subjects of the Foundation must appear in your PhD thesis. Human Rights, Canada and the World, Civic Engagement, and People and the Environment
- Foreign nationals and permanent residents enrolling in a PhD program at a Canadian institution are qualified, regardless of whether they are studying at a domestic or foreign university.
How can I fill out an application for a scholarship with the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation?
Please adhere to the guidelines listed below when submitting a scholarship application to the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation:
- Discover the application dates for your university’s internal hiring procedure: Make sure to submit your application by the deadline because every university has a different internal one.
- Sign up for an account on the Foundation’s application page before the competition begins.
- Following registration, you will get an email with a username and password (please check your spam folder if you do not see it).
- If you already have an account from a previous scholarship competition, you can request to have your password reset. Alternatively, you can sign in using your current login information.
- Awarded applications To submit your application, log in and complete the form under the “Ébauche / Draft” part of the portal. In the “Coordonnées / Contacts” area of the portal, kindly include your contact details as well.
- Obtain recommendation letter(s): When completing your application, you will be prompted for the names and email addresses of your two references. The referees will automatically receive an email inviting them to send their letter of recommendation in PDF format to our website. In order for your references to submit on time, we suggest that you follow up with them.
- Transcripts: Please submit a single PDF file containing all of your transcripts from post-secondary education. Quebec candidates without transcripts from a CEGEP should not be considered.
- Inform the PETF Scholarship competition awards officer at your university that you have filed an application in a letter to your college. By doing this, you can be certain that the university’s selection process will take your application into account.
- University nominations: All applicants must submit their forms electronically via the Foundation’s application website. Universities are not required to submit their top applicants for the position.
- The Foundation will review and assess each candidate whose completed application is received by the deadline of December 02, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- The Foundation remains dedicated to regional representation, linguistic representation, a variety of viewpoints and disciplines, as well as other types of diversity, despite this process.
Authentic & Official Website For The Scholarship
To find out more about the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarships, go to the official website:
Link to the Application Form on the Official Website: https://www.trudeaufoundation.ca/become-scholar